Monday, July 23, 2007

Regarding ESPN's Coverage of the WSOP

If you're one of our 3 regular readers, you've probably noticed by now our love for all things poker related; I admit that I'm a complete sucker for the Phil Laak grey sweatshirt.

The problem is ESPN insisting on showing who won the Main Event THREE MONTHS before anyone can see it on television. If it were on a long tape delay for CBS or TNT, I could see them announcing the winner... constantly. But if they're going to air it themselves, how does it make sense to tell everyone the ending before they can even see the beginning? Maybe most people don't mind finding out, but I absolutely can't stand knowing.

Because I was a victim of this last year, I decided not to watch any ESPN channels for the week prior to and following the Final Table (it was surprisingly easy, ESPN has really slipped) and I haven't found out yet. I'd like to signal a big "fuck you" to ESPN for making me hate sports a little more each time I watch the network.

No comments: