Monday, July 23, 2007

Scandalous!

In light of the Tim Donaghy scandal, let's take a look at some of the major happenings among the three major sports, and some not so major ones.

The National Basketball Association: Referee Tim Donaghy shaved points on at least 12 different games this past season. Donaghy's gambling addiction led him into trouble with the mob and his way out was to influence some games. There isn't enough evidence at this point to say he was fixing games, but the news is incredibly damaging regardless. The whole thing makes me really sad as I love basketball and it's almost unfathomable to think that the games might not even be legitimate. This is not exactly what da Commmish wants everyone to be focusing on right now, what with Ole Man Oden and king of the bench press Kevin Durant entering the league.

Major League Baseball: Barry Lamar Bonds, Home Run King! I can't help it, I have this sick fascination with him. Every year I take him in the late rounds of my fantasy draft, knowing that he's going to let me down by sitting out every other game, but enthralled at the prospect of 2-2, 2hr 2 BB games.

NFL (fuck spelling out stuff): Ron Mexico is a dog fighting champion. Though it seemed impossible after Pacman's stripo club shooting, this story is without a doubt the kookiest, most bizarre shit I've heard this off season. I mean, I want to make a joke about the whole thing, but they're killing the dogs and abusing them and such, and we here at MDEF2 cannot condone such nonsense.

MLS: Let's stop pretending we care about Beckham for a minute and talk about Posh Spice. Everyone seems to think she's still got this slamming body, and I am here to squash these claims once and for all. The dream is over, Posh. Can everyone stop taking crazy pills and get over the middle aged spice lady?

NHL: Ha.

No comments: