Sunday, June 24, 2007

Tim Wakefield's Thought Process During the June 23 Sox - Padres Game


Ok so, yeah, I think I'm going to go ahead and throw a knuckle ball to Mike Cameron here. Ok here it goes... still going... aw shit he hit the ball. Yeah that's definitely a double. No big deal, I can work around this.

Josh Bard up now, this bitch is not ready for the power of a knuckleball! Fear the wrath of the mighty and powerful pitch that is this knuckleball. Here I go and... ha, foul ball motherfu-- aw fuck that's a homerun.

Let's just try to get out of the inning without any further damage from Mr. Greene. Any advice, Timmy Wakefield?

Tim's inner child: Blaze a fastball right by him!
Present day Tim: But I've made my career on throwing knuckleballs and slow curves...
TIC: OH MY GOD I grew up to be a pussy!
PDT: Shutup, here comes the knuckler!

Yeah I probably should have seen that coming, he really wailed on that one. Aw come on, don't take me out of the... all right fine, but I'm telling you, only the knuckler can save us now.

No comments: