Friday, June 22, 2007

Mike, With or Without the Mad Dog



"I sure would love me some Diet Coke!"

Ever since the firing of one Mr. Don Imus, my morning commute to school (all 12 minutes of it) just hasn't been the same. Though I never really fell in love with that morning program, it was something different than I usually listened to and offered a nice change of pace. When the show went down because of the enormous controversy surrounding his comments made about the Rutgers basketball team, I was at a loss for what to listen to in the morning. The pompous douche Boomer Esiason and professionally irritated Jason Whitlock simply did not get the job done, and it seemed as if WFAN would not find a host good enough to replace Imus. Then they took Mike Francessa and Chris Russo and moved them to the morning slot temporarily, and it wasn't bad, just Mike and the Dog, morning style. But when they split them up and put Francessa primarily in the morning, I realized what an awesome solo host he was.

Now I feel that Francessa's general speaking talents and overall knowledge are really dragged down by the whiny Christopher Russo, the Mad Dog. My proposal is this: Keep Mike in the Imus slot and have him also host Mike and the Mad Dog twice a week. When Russo is going solo, extend Benigno and Roberts' show until 2 and have Russo go on from 2:00 - 5:30 PM. Short of getting Imus back, Francessa is the only host talented enough to keep the morning show's ratings up.

Edit: Excuse me for going a bit too far on the Francessa love affair.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What?! Are You Kidding Me?! You can't have a show like that! You just can't do it!?!