Tuesday, September 18, 2007

About Those Mets

Holy shit, this has got to be stopped!!!!!

After the Phillies series I told myself that they would go down to Washington and find some new life, that everything was going to be fine. After last night's disaster of a loss to the lowly Nationals (with supercool manager Manny Acta), I had a harder time talking myself in to tonight's game. With a 2.5 game lead over those silly Phils, I was not feeling so comfortable.

But I say, hey, Maine will be good, they should put up some runs, get back on track. WRONG!
After seeing Maine get skullfucked by Ronnie Belliard, I have lost complete faith in the Mets this season. Reyes can't stop popping everything up and Maine's ERA is above 6 in the second half. Willie's addicted to Mota who can barely lift his arm without the juice, and hey, who doesn't love some Scott Schoenweis?

I know it's been proved many times before, most recently by those horrendous 2006 Cardinals, that you don't need to be hot going into the playoffs to win it all. But at this point my boys in blue are looking like they might be joining Tommy Glavine on his jetskis sooner rather than later.

No comments: